Independent and fully licensed psychological and educational services
in Harvard Square and Wellesley Hills
Consultations and ongoing psychotherapy for individuals and families
Training and workshops offered for your organization
Clinical & Educational Experience
My work as a psychologist has included community mental health centers, hospitals, private clinics, schools and universities. My first book, Child's Mind was published in 2010, and the writing bug has shown no signs of abating with 5 more books since then.
Currently, I teach at Harvard Medical School, and work part time in private practice as a therapist with a focus on mindfulness and a specialty in learning issues and anxiety. I also speak to parents and traing teachers, therapists and medical professionals nationally and internationally.
I am licensed and insured as a psychologist and health services provider in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, #9151. I received my doctorate from The Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology and bachelor’s degree from Wesleyan University.
On the personal side, I enjoy traveling, hiking, cooking, reading and writing, and being a father.
- Author, Growing Up Mindful (Sounds True, 2016) with praise from Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, Chris Germer and others
- Co-Author, with Mitch Abblett The Mindfulness and Teen Depression Workbook (New Harbinger, 2015)
- Co-editor, with Amy Saltzman, of Teaching Mindfulness Skills to Kids and Teens (Guilford Press, 2015) with praise from Daniel Siegel and Congressman Tim Ryan and more.
- Author, Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety Workbook (New Harbinger, 2014)
- Author, Child’s Mind (Parallax Press, 2010) critically acclaimed by Thich Nhat Hanh, Susan Kaiser Greenland, Mary Pipher and others
- Featured in The New York Times, and cnn.com, and abcnews.com and elsewhere
- Faculty Harvard Medical School
- Past presenter at The American Psychological Association, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Learning and the Brain, UCSD, The Psychotherapy Networker, PESI Seminars and elsewhere in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Workshops and consultation to dozens of schools, districts, clinics and universities
- Board of Directors and President of the Mindfulness in Education Network
- Board of Directors and Faculty at the Institute for Meditation & Psychotherapy
- Post-Doctoral Training at Tufts University
- Pre-Doctoral Training at Wediko Children’s Services