Independent and fully licensed psychological and educational services
in Harvard Square and Wellesley Hills
Consultations and ongoing psychotherapy for individuals and families
Training and workshops offered for your organization
Clinical & Educational Experience
My work as a psychologist has included work and consulting in public and private clinics, hospitals, schools and universities around the US and in over a dozen countries. My first book, Child's Mind was published in 2010, and my most recent Raising Resilience in 2017, with four more in between and three more on the way!
Currently, I teach at Harvard Medical School, and work part time in private practice as a therapist. I also speak to medical, mental health and educational professionals and parents nationally and internationally.
I am licensed and insured as a psychologist and health services provider in the Commonwealth of Massachusetts, #9151. I received my doctorate from The Massachusetts School of Professional Psychology (William James College) and bachelor’s degree from Wesleyan University.
On the personal side, I enjoy traveling, hiking, cooking, reading and writing, and being a father.
- Author, Raising Resilience (Sounds True, 2017) with praise from Tal Ben Shahar, Sharon Salzberg, Tina Payne Bryson, Jane Nelson and others
- Author, Growing Up Mindful (Sounds True, 2016) with praise from Jack Kornfield, Tara Brach, Chris Germer and others
- Co-Author, with Mitch Abblett The Mindfulness and Teen Depression Workbook (New Harbinger, 2015)
- Co-editor, with Amy Saltzman, of Teaching Mindfulness Skills to Kids and Teens (Guilford Press, 2015) with praise from Dr. Daniel Siegel and Congressman Tim Ryan and more.
- Author, Mindfulness for Teen Anxiety Workbook (New Harbinger, 2014)
- Author, Child’s Mind (Parallax Press, 2010) critically acclaimed by Thich Nhat Hanh, Susan Kaiser Greenland, Mary Pipher and others.
- Featured in The New York Times, The Washington Post, cnn.com, mindful.org, and elsewhere
- Faculty at Harvard Medical School
- Past presenter at The American Psychological Association, Harvard Medical School, Harvard Graduate School of Education, Learning and the Brain, UCSD, The Psychotherapy Networker, PESI Seminars, TEDx, and elsewhere in North America, South America, Europe, Australia, and Asia.
- Workshops and consultation to dozens of schools, districts, clinics and universities
- Board of Directors and President of the Mindfulness in Education Network
- Board of Directors and Faculty at the Institute for Meditation & Psychotherapy
- Post-Doctoral Training at Tufts University
- Pre-Doctoral Training at Wediko Children’s Services